EDUCATE // verb // ed·u·cate | \ ˈe-jə-ˌkāt \ educated; educating
definition of educate:
1: to train by formal instruction and supervised practice; to cause to acquire a knowledge or skill.
2: to develop mentally, or morally by instruction.
Acheson Piano Studio is perfect for you if you’re looking for:
– a vibrant, enthusiastic atmosphere in which to learn piano
– a loving sense of community from your biggest cheerleaders, our music family
– one-on-one private instruction tailored to meet the needs of each student
– a classical approach to piano literature coupled with exploration of popular, modern, sacred, worship, and film music
– not just playing repertoire, but receiving instruction in theory, technique, history, and improvisation
– performances with the welcoming audience of your peers, parents, and siblings
Fill out the form below to receive more information on private lessons. I can’t wait to hear from you and chat with you about getting started on your musical journey!
Frequently Asked Questions
How young do you teach?
– My youngest students must be able to identify numbers and know the alphabet, and I do not take students unless they are ready to sit still and listen (as a result of these requirements, most students are around five years old when they begin). Basic reading is a preferred requirement, but not a necessary one.
Do you teach on weekends?
– Not at this time. Lessons are all scheduled Monday-Friday.
Do you travel teach?
– I do not travel teach. All lessons take place in my private home studio.
What method do you use?
– I use a variety of piano methods, depending on the needs of the student, until they’re of the age/level/ability to begin working on outside-the-method repertoire. My top two favorite methods are the ever-classic Faber’s Piano Adventures and the newer Alfred’s Premier Piano Course.